I know most women around the globe are into shopping but in Salalah I feel some things are abit hard to understand :
- Since I was very young, I noticed the insatiable love that the female relatives around me had towards all sort of fabrics especially cotton in ordor to go to the tailor and make themselves new Thoubs, which is the traditional Dhofari dress of females. The women in Salalah just don't seem to have enough of Thoubs. Trying to pass by the cluster of fabric stores in A'sslam Street at night means getting yourself stuck in a trafic jam.
- Sale at Centerpoint means that the department store will be 95% women even in the mens sections. I even got a "what the heck is this guy doing here" last week when I was searching for a sweater in the Men's section from a group of female shoppers who apperantly found men shirts interesting!!
- I like to have a meal from time to time in KFC and at times I find the family section empty while some girls and women prefer to sit in the public section leaving me in a dilemmah.
- Women in Salalah spend so much on beauty products, perfumes, incense, shoes, purses..etc
- The worset gift a guy from Salalah to give any of his female relative is anything related to fasion even if that product is very new because it may be not following the current trend in Salalah so it will never be used or even worse, to be given secretly to the house maid!!